Tuesday, September 30, 2008

*Concentration Camps*

There are many forms of witch hunts. For instances, Hitler putting jews in concentration camps is a form of a witch hunt. He went after a certain type of human race, such as the the Gypsies Soviets, particularly prisoners of war; Communists; ethnic Poles; other Slavic people; the disabled; homosexuals; and political and religious dissidents, he put them in concentration camps and abused, neglected, and killed them. If a person wasnt the "type" of race hitler agreed upon, they were sent away to suffer. I beileve this is a form of a witch hunt, because hitler targeted a certain type of race of people.
http://kimel.net/hitjew.html

20 comments:

Becca said...

The Holocaust is a great example of a witch hunt. Jews, communists, Slavic people, etc. were all discriminated against because they were considered "inferior to society". Hitler and his followers wanted to create an ideal race and the only way they thought they could achieve this was by eliminating the people that didn't fit this ideal stereotype.

shooter 64 said...

I think that Hitler really needed to get a life. What he did to the Jews was totally inhumane. By making them have assigned seats in life was terryible. He didn't have the right to blame the Jews for all his misfortunes. I think he should have been locked up when he brought up the idea of persecuting the Jews.

123Rage(oake) said...

Okay, I did not know that Hitler was a total loser before he tried to destroy the world. The fact that Jews earlier in his life were positive influences, that his commanding officer, a jew, recomended him for the iron cross or whatever, makes his turn surprising. I think the only way he could make himself feel better for being a loser was to blame people that kinda looked like him. The whole witch hunt is because Hitler sucked at life. That's sad.

wrestling125 said...

What Hitler did to the Jews was disgusting and he needed alot of help. What ever went through his mind when he was doing tose things to people something wasn't all there. The Holocaust was to me a witch hunt because they tried to find all the Jews. Then when they find them they tried to get them to rat out other Jews. So that is all i have to say.

~Skidoo~ said...

I think this is a great exapmle of a witch hunt. What Hitler did to the jews was awful. Hitler and his followers thought out a stero type of what all people should be like and if they didn't fit that exactly then they were killed/ tortured.

Austin J. Whitley said...

I would like to agree with the above statements. Definate example of a witch hunt.

Anonymous said...

The Holocaust is another great example of a witchhunt. I think it's also the most well-known witchhunt excluding the Salem Witch Trials, but honestly, I think that the Holocaust has caused the most controversy and the most trouble. Hitler had no right to treat the Jews as inferiors, but hey, at least he died.

kate said...

Ok...did anyone else find the end of this article a little weird?? The Holocaust is indeed a witch hunt but I think this article might have been a bit of an exaggeration. But maybe I'm wrong. I don't really think the whole sexual neglect in Hitler's case is a true reason for the murdering of so many Jews.

Schaff's Blog said...

I cannot understand how the Communists and Nazis can be so horrible that they try to obliterate the entire Jewish race just because they believe they are superior to them. This definitely is an example of a witch hunt. These Jews are being "hunted" for no definite reason at all.

Rach Waldo said...

I agree this is a witch hunt. It’s sad to think that Hitler and his group could take away so many innocent peoples lives. Hitler was really strange because he wanted people to have blue eyes, brown hair, and be right handed.

Kristen Suchor said...

The Holocaust is a good example of a witch hunt. I think it is very sad that all of those people were put in camps, tortured, and killed. Hitler was dumb and to much of a control freak.

Emma said...

The Holocaust is a great example of a witch hunt. I have always thought it was just the Jews, but it affected so many more groups of people then just them. Just because they didn't fit the "perfect society", Hitler got rid of them. He didn't have any right to say that the Jews were the reason for his misfortunes.

Thadd said...

The holocaust is something to be lamented, but if we didn't have leaders in power that thought that way, I think the world would be more accepting. Thus-Witch Hunt.

Anonymous said...

This is a witch hunt. Hitler was an evil man, who was sick in the head. I think someone should have took him and did to him what he was diong to the other people. There was no reason for it, except that he was crazy and mentally sick. It was totally descusting and inhumane. I mean, if he really wanted a race of people with blond hair adn blue eyes, he would end up having to kill himself, because he had brown/black hair, and brown eyes.

Austin J. Whitley said...

Personally, I believe this is the best/worst, depends on how you want to state it, witch hunt in history. To make a perfect society he had to kill 6 million innocent people. Good call...not.

Crazeh said...

Hitler was a terrible man to be able to do what he did without feeling remorse. It's pretty sickening. Good example of a witch hunt.

~Red Curls~ =] said...

Great example! The concentration camps are really sad to think about; how someone can be so cruel is beyond me. Jewish people were obviously witch hunted during this time period.

Flint's owner said...

Yes this is a very good example of a witch hunt. Sad but good. To bad it got as serious as it did before Hitler was stopped.

Archangel(Kenton) said...

Hilter concentration camps were not just for jews. In his perfect society there are no homosexuals, gypsies, soviets(prisoner of war), and ethnic Poles.

Chaz said...

It was a great idea to look at concentration camps in a broad spectrum because they are really associated closely to witch hunts.